Central Point, OR




Hey guys!  It's been a while!  A month and a half since the last post about finishing up California and looking ahead to Oregon.  Six weeks has gone by in a blur of family, friends, appointments and allergies.  Crazy.  After checking so many to-do's off the list, we were finally ready to resume our travels this weekend.  But before I tell you about that adventure trip, how about a super-short photo recap of highlights from the past six weeks? 


After we left the big Six Flags stop in Vallejo, we stopped for a week in Central Point.  Two days before our arrival, my allergies kicked up big time and I broke out in horrible hives.  It was this whole thing.  Gross, bumpy lizard skin all over.  I was like, "Well, this is new."  It took its sweet time going away, too, so I got to see a lot of people for the first time in a year, looking like I had a disease.  It did not feel fantastic.  BUT!  Here's what we loved about Central Point:


The RV park we stayed at was only one mile from the Nichols' house in Central Point and it was awesome!  Affordable, beautiful, level, and fantastic wifi.  That's pretty much the dream when you're talking about RV parks.

We had our own little yard, so the kids and dogs spread out and enjoyed the gorgeous weather.


During our stay, we got to have a few dinners with the Nichols' AND both sets of Perreault's drove over from the coast to see us!  That was the best, best, best day!


I couldn't believe how much the kids had grown in a year!  They're all so sweet and funny and intelligent.  I love these kids so much!


After we ate, the kids wanted to go for a walk.  Mira and I tagged along. 


We laughed because it looked like we were on a school field trip.  So many kids!  They were all happy to be together again, and there was a lot of laughter.  Seeing a big group of fellowship kids together always swells my heart with happy.  They are blessed to have each other!



Oh, it did us all so much good to see some of our people!  My heart ached when they had to leave to go home.  But I'm so grateful that they came all the way over to see us.  


Then things took a turn for the worse.  What followed that amazing day with our friends were a few of the worst allergy days of my life.  I was on the couch for two days.  It was unbelievable how poor my breathing was and how bad the headache got.  My skin was breaking out and crawly-itchy and it just was not a pretty sight!  It got so bad that I was getting worried and thinking that maybe I needed to go in to the ER.  It's scary to have trouble breathing!

I was also really frustrated because we were planning to spend a few more days with the Nichols' before we had to go to Bend.  Since my body wasn't holding up to my plan, we had to do what we've only done once before: leave early.



We made it to Bend a few days early, and though I continued to struggle with my allergies throughout the next six weeks, they did lessen for a few days and the hives healed over the next week.  Well, temporarily.

But that's where I'll end this one.  I don't think this post or the pictures convey how awesome it was to see our friends.  Just those two days I got to be with them made the miserable two days worth it.  Being with my sisters, however briefly, was a balm applied to my heart.  I don't even care how sappy that sounds because it is exactly what it felt like.  They are our family.  They are our people.   And they made that week one of our best in a long time, despite the other unfortunate stuff.

I wish I could stay in Oregon and be with them often, but if there's one thing this trip has drilled into our brains and etched into my skin, it's this:  the Pacific northwest will kill me if I stay here.

The next two posts will be pics of our outings in Bend.  I think (?) that it'll be mostly pics.  Maybe a few memories.

Love you all!
Sarah
 


Comments

Popular Posts