Making Electricity!



Yesterday I came upstairs to find my big girl Megan at her school desk working on something.  School was over for the day, but lately the kids have been using their work spaces whenever they want to play with something alone.  

(Alone is a hard thing in our house because everyone wants to play with everyone else and nobody ever wants to be alone at the same time.  Does anybody else have that issue?)  

Anywaywhen I asked her what she was doing, she replied, 

"Making electricity." 

And then went right back to work.  
I've been smiling about my little scientist ever since.


To make electricity, apparently you need:  handwritten calculations, an abacus, a wrench, part of a brain box kit (not pictured), magnets, and of course yarn.  


Here is a close-up of Megan's calculations.  I challenge every one of you to listen to her explain them and keep a straight face!  She is so precious!!!

It made me wonder, when did I stop believing that I could make electricity?  And who says I can't if I want to?
(I don't want to, but if I did!)

Comments

Popular Posts