Utah-kin' to Me?



Last week, I hinted that we were headed to a city known for the Olympics.  We actually drove past that city (Salt Lake), and made it to our spot for Jeff's work week: Mountain View RV Resort in Heber City.  It's nestled in the Wasatch Mountains, and was a nice place to spend the week.  Northern Utah is greener that I expected, and more windy, too.  It was very warm and peaceful.


After school work was finished, we enjoyed swimming and playing ping pong until Jeff was done working.





Super blurry, but I had to include it because I don't want to forget this.  Jackson and I spent the afternoon playing ping pong, swimming, and swinging.  While we were on the swings, he was laughing and singing, then stopped and said, "Mom, I am having so much fun with you!  I love playing with you!"  I snapped his photo to remember the moment.  I know these days won't last forever.

We went into Park City one day to see what everyone was so worked up about.  Ha ha.  I don't mean to be difficult, but reviews for this place are so great and we just kind of thought, "Meh."  Do you ever have that happen to you?  We are finding that the Cato's just don't care about a lot of the things that most people do.  Especially touristy shops, generic museums, and crowded/loud/chaotic places.

We did enjoy the art galleries here, though!  We spent about an hour touring those.  The prices were gasp-worthy in a few of them ($7,000 for smaller paintings, upwards of $25,000 for medium sized), but the kids and I loved looking.  The Mangelsen gallery was great because they had enormous framed pieces, which made it seem like you were standing next to real bears or moose.  Jordan asked if it was bad etiquette to take photos of each piece.  Ha ha.  I told her we'd best not. 





These were so awesome!


It's a CORN DOG!  Ha ha!  
I think this piece was nearly $800.  I know, GASP!


Jordan adores pigs, and we just happened to come upon two different pig sculptures this day.  


We stopped off at Deer Creek State Park one day.  Lots of wind and lots of wind surfers!  The water is so blue!!!



On Jeff's day off, we went to Provo for a hike.  Our first choice was closed for repairs (Bridal Veil Falls), so we had to find another one quickly.  This ended up being perfect.






It was so bright.  Jordan's eyes didn't like it, so she fashioned a solution!  Pretty resourceful girl, eh?



Jax saw the rock climbers and wanted to climb, too.


So, I was starting to freak out a little because he was going high, but I knew it wouldn't be right to make him come back down.  He was being careful and not in danger or anything, so I figured the only way to fix it was to join him up there!  Seriously, that was the thought process.  Other mama's know what I'm talking about!  I played it cool and acted like I just wanted to see what was up there.


This is what was up there!  So beautiful!  
(And I'm only a little sore from climbing and scrambling over rocks.)


All done for the day!



On our way home, we drove right past Bridal Veil Falls, so I took this photo as we drove by.  So we got to see it after all!

These little one week stop overs are nice, but I am looking forward to staying a little longer in places in the future.  We are planning for the next two stops to be two-weeks each, so hopefully we can meet the neighbors and some other homeschoolers, and get a good chunk of school work done.  We are trying to double up on the workload to finish up the main book work during June.  

Comments

Popular Posts